To backup is to export the tables of your database to your local storage.
You will need access to your phpMyAdmin.
Ideally, login to your cPanel should be able to have access to phpMyAdmin.
- Login to phpMyAdmin through the cPanel
- From the left menu, select the database to export.
- On the top menu from the main frame page, select “Export” to navigate
- Exporting tables from “YourSelectedDataBase” database
- Select “Quick – display only the minimal options”.
- Format: Select “SQL” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Go”.
- The exporting process should save the file to your designated Folder or Desktop.
- Filename extension is *.sql.